All that talk of pumpkins yesterday - plus the thought of the pumpkin display at the upcoming school Fall Fair - got me in carving mood. So off I went to Indian Ladder Farms to get me some gourds.

First I reprised last year's Peace Pumpkin (see link in the last entry). Then the Girl designed something a little more devilish for me to carve, and insisted on the addition of horns and twisty tail. I think it has come out rather well.
I'm taking a break now, but will work on the Boy's effort tomorrow.
Also today I helped the Girl sew a ragdoll, made pumpkin soup (of course!) and had my hair cut. No-one has said anything complimentary about the latter yet, so perhaps that was also a bit of a carve-up?
Love the pumpkin, but won't it be a pile of orange mush by Halloween?
ReplyDeleteLittle House on the Prairie comes to Halloween? It wouldn't catch on here. If the outfit doesn't involve plastic fangs, forget it.
If the temperatures carry on as low as they have been lately the pumpkin will still be sitting on the porch in all its glory come the spring, frozen in time like a woolly mammoth.
ReplyDeleteHave you not read Laura Ingalls-Wilder's recently rediscoverd opus, 'Massacre in the Big Woods'?