I was running around doing Fair Trade-related errands this morning, then in town investigating curtain fabric at lunchtime for a soft-furnishing project.
I realised I was feeling hungry, and suddenly had a yen (geddit?) for Japanese food, so took myself out to lunch. Pretty good. There are many Japanese restaurants in this part of the world, all entirely staffed by Chinese people as far as I can tell. I do like the presentation of a Japanese lunch, everything arranged in a compartmentalised serving box so that each kind of food is distinct and doesn't interfere with another.
The Boy prefers this style of eating, too, and does not care to mix foodstuffs willy-nilly on a single plate if he has anything to do with it. Perhaps he has some throwback Japanese ancestory - though off the top of my head I can't think of a single item of Japanese cuisine he would ever eat. Well, rice, I suppose - but do Rice Krispies count in this context?
No comments:
Post a Comment