Before they left there was a final swim, during which the Girl was challenged to start swimming laps. Now we're not talking Olympic-sized pool here, but eleven, then thirteen and tonight twenty lengths is no mean achievement for a smallish swimmer. She has plans to up the count each day, so I'll keep you posted.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Friday, July 10, 2009
Lapping it up
Today has been rather sad as we said farewell to my parents. It has been great having them here, and although we didn't get a whole lot of sightseeing done I think they had fun spending time with the children, swimming (when it wasn't raining), meeting some of our friends and generally hanging out. We look forward to when we next see them - which will be quite soon, actually, if everything goes to plan.
In true end-of-vacation fashion, it has been a gloriously sunny day. We squeezed in a trip to Five Rivers this morning, where I discovered that taking a good-all-round group photo is harder than you'd think (here is the best of about five attempts).
Before they left there was a final swim, during which the Girl was challenged to start swimming laps. Now we're not talking Olympic-sized pool here, but eleven, then thirteen and tonight twenty lengths is no mean achievement for a smallish swimmer. She has plans to up the count each day, so I'll keep you posted.
Before they left there was a final swim, during which the Girl was challenged to start swimming laps. Now we're not talking Olympic-sized pool here, but eleven, then thirteen and tonight twenty lengths is no mean achievement for a smallish swimmer. She has plans to up the count each day, so I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I SWAM 20 LENGTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI SWAM 20 LENGTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-) :-) :-):-):-0 :-) :-) :-):-):-0
Congratulations! Very well done indeed! Thats about 19 lenghs more than I did recently.
ReplyDeleteLoyts of love
Great picture!
ReplyDelete