A little snow fell in the early hours, more during the day, but we were on the far edges of the big storm that hit further east of here and have got off lightly with just a very few inches of settled snow. Even so, everything's white once again, and the temperature is well below freezing.
I had been scheduled to begin an after-school sewing class today, but it was cancelled on account of the weather. I managed to creep the car along to the ice-rink for a practice, and to the supermarket for some supplies, but otherwise spent the day working on my latest quilt project.
I had a yen for some mango chutney in Price Chopper, but didn't have much luck finding any. All I could find was one small jar that claimed it was British, made under the brand name 'London Pub'. Call me picky, but London pub-quality chutney isn't really what I'm after. I guess my next stop (weather permitting) had better be the Indian food store on Central Ave in town.
The Man has just pointed out that I might have done slightly better in the supermarket's designated British section. Follow this link and see if you can spot it...
Try Hannaford's first! I can recommend Patak's Hot Mango Chutney but avoid the Kitchens of India one - it's another thing that just doesn't taste the same...
ReplyDeleteI wonder which marketing whizz came up with the London Pub brand? Obviously someone who likes greasy peanuts that have been fingered by 23 men who didn't wash their hands when they came out of the loo. Pork scratching anyone?
ReplyDeleteOh, don't. Think of all the plates that chutney graced the side of before ending up back in the jar...
ReplyDelete