Saturday, October 25, 2008

'Twas a dark and stormy night...

...and still is, as I write. Just the night for a Hallowe'en party at a Victorian house on top of a hill in Troy, which is where we were earlier. Nice party, but a nasty drive home through the lashing rain.

Fortunately the Man had arrived home safely last night - it's good to have him back. While he was out on a shopping mission with the Boy this afternoon I suddenly came over all hippy and created this: Albaniana's Patented Peace Pumpkin! I took it as a gift to our hosts this evening.

Speaking of gifts, yesterday the bus driver awarded the Girl with the promised prize for brushing her hair. It's a packaway hairbrush, and a small cuddly squirrel. But if the hair doesn't stay brushed, the driver is going to take the squirrel back. So the Girl is going to keep brushing! I'm speechless. If only I'd known before how easily she could be bought.

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin is truly a work of art. I am inspired to create something other than triangle shaped eyes, nose and jaggedy mouth this year. Watch this space...

    ReplyDelete