Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Friday, October 3, 2008
Out of this world
I went to a book group meeting this evening at a house around the corner. We were discussing Beyond the Sky and the Earth by Jamie Zeppa. It's the story of a young woman who left her native Canada to teach in Bhutan for several years. I don't normally enjoy reading travel memoir type books, but this one is well written and has brought back to me all sorts of memories (happy and otherwise) of my own much briefer experience teaching in Burma.
When I got home the children were busy entertaining their grandparents with magic tricks. They had also been putting on a comedy/dance show, which apparently was quite something:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment