Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Governator

I've been out this evening at the Five Rivers Fall Festival debriefing. As the event was such a resounding success we devoted some time to patting ourselves on the back, but also discussed ways to make the festival even better next year. Just the kind of meeting I enjoy!

On the theme of positive thinking, I was very impressed by Arnold Schwarzenegger (of all people) who was on the radio this afternoon talking about California's environmental policies. California is way ahead of the rest of the States in its efforts to reduce carbon emissions, promote Green energy etc. What so impressed me about Arnie was his grasp of the subject and his enthusiasm for tackling the challenges of global warming. He really seems to be bringing people along with him and making them want to be part of the solution - exactly what a person like him with political clout (he is Governor of California, as I'm sure you know) should be doing. If only the Presidential candidates were talking like him. If only more Republicans, and Democrats for that matter, were as right-on and liberal as he seems to be.

The Man can't understand me suddenly gushing over Arnie like this and suggests I go and have a little lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment