Another Christmas nearly over (no Boxing Day here). Was it a white one? Yes - if last week's snow still being around counts.
Did we get through the day without anyone throwing up? Err, sadly not. It was the Man's turn this time. He spent most of the day in bed.
But apart from that it has been a good day. We enjoyed exchanging festive greetings with family via skype/web-cam. Peace broke out between the kids - they were pleased with their presents (for once Santa had got them what they really really wanted, instead of fobbing them off with second-hand stuff from the Linton Mothers' Union toy sale). They played happily all day and didn't have a single argument, which was remarkable and refreshing. We played board games familiar from our childhood, but with a local twist: 'Clue' (the US name for Cluedo) and the Albany version of Monopoly. The kids stayed in their pyjamas all day, because why not?
With the Man not eating I decided to keep Christmas dinner simple and had veggie sausages and baked beans (Heinz, from Britain, a real treat because I don't like the local sort). I'm just hoping that I don't get to see them again in the middle of the night.
I hope you have all had a happy, healthy, peaceful Christmas.
Sounds like the perfect Christmas day, without the vomit.
ReplyDeleteMy kids loved their presents, despite their stockings being filled with Mothers Union bargains. Best buy - Darth Vader mask (40p) with 'matching' (he can't read) Harry Potter cape (10p).
At least you won't be eating tofurkey for the next week.
Glad your Christmas was successful. What Co-op goody did you find in your own stocking in the end?
ReplyDeleteTurns out the Co-op was a red-herring. My present actually came from Halfords - bike lights.
ReplyDelete