Friday, December 7, 2007

For the reader in Devon who wanted more about trains

You wouldn't believe how many home-made videos there are of Thomas the Tank Engine on YouTube! And some of them have had over a million viewings! I particularly like Widescreen Thomas Meets the T-rex, though it has a scary bit in it so don't show it to your under-fives. But it's ok, there's a happy ending. You can also watch highlights from Thomas Live! on Stage.

On Kawasaki Jack's recommendation I typed in 'gramophone records' and found dozens (make that hundreds) of videos of 78s being played on wind-up gramophones: fine if you like dance-band music, but for the rest of you probably a bit like watching paint dry.

So I typed in 'paint drying'. There are over 450 videos featuring that.

Would I say this has been one of my most productive days?

Not really.

No.

2 comments:

  1. Cheaper Tyre and Overripe reel say:
    This is wonderful! We love it.
    Who would make this stuff?....Oh yes we would like to!
    Overripe reel says "we miss you all the time" w4dgg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boy misses you, too.
    Glad you love all the Thomas stuff - just the reaction I hoped for!

    ReplyDelete