It was never going to be easy, buying a house over here. These past few weeks we've had so many hoops to jump through - proof of this, evidence of that. Today, with the end almost in sight, we were once again sent scurrying around after yet more pieces of paper to show that we are bona fide purchasers and not laundering drugs-money. But finally the bank has approved our loan, so completion should follow later this week.
An upside to the scurrying around was that I got to have lunch with the Man at a Japanese restaurant. The portions had gone native in scale - I'd never seen so much tempura on one plate before - but the flavours were authentic as far as I could remember (I lived in Japan for a while, many years ago).
Other periods of the day were spent attempting to Christmas shop. I wandered round the vast Crossgates Mall for as long as I could stand the relentless Xmas muzak. Then I moved on to fair-trade store Ten Thousand Villages where at least the music, though still Christmassy, was in Cajun.
But enough of this Christmas talk! Happy Hanukkah!
No comments:
Post a Comment