The Man writes... "Take it easy" was once again the general theme of the day due to ongoing ailments. There was nevertheless a long held appointment at the paediatricians for jabs ("shots"). Both kids were apparently quite brave: the Boy cried only momentarily; the Girl laughed and said "that tickles".
More snow fell this afternoon and more snow games were enjoyed. However, once again we failed to build a decent snowman. Last week the snow was like sawdust and wouldn't adhere. Now it has turned crusty and icy and can't be moulded!The kids (and parents) continued to enjoy their new things, including all manner of interesting gifts in a large parcel just arrived from England. Albaniana studiously completed a 500 piece jigsaw - a present from herself. Can anybody think of a more pointless pasttime than a jigsaw?
I like jigsaws. Although my most pointless recent pasttime was spending most of Christmas Day and half of Boxing Day assembling an 8,000 (felt like it) piece plastic gaudy 'Disney Glitter Castle' only to be told 'I wanted a playhouse'.
ReplyDeletesudoku is pretty pointless
ReplyDeleteOne of my Christmas presents was an OS map of Linton and surrounds -in jigsaw form. I suppose I could glue the finished version together to make it mildly useful?
ReplyDeleteMm, that's an interesting gift. At least when you glue it together you won't have to spend hours finding the right folds to put it away. Not so handy to fit in your pocket though. Feeling rather smug about my bike lights now.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your comments - I must say that I'm strangely taken by the idea of the OS Map of Linton as a jigsaw. It is certainly educational. Just think, april f., how at your next dinner party you could stun everyone into silence with your detailed description of local trig points.
ReplyDeleteWe got an "OS Map of Linton" jigsaw a few Christmases ago. It was harder than you might expect. Lots of the pieces were either completely white or white with just the OS grid line going through. Not enough contour lines in the area, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteAnon (until I can think of an anagram to match Ms Livid & Ms Ninja...)
Anon: I suspect Ms Livid and Ms Ninja used an online anagram generator
ReplyDelete