Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Frozen fireworks

It was setting-up day for the Fair Trade Market, which is always fun.  Several vendors will be coming in early on Friday with their stock, but what we have so far is already looking good.

Meanwhile, outside we had all sorts of freezy, rainy, sleety weather.  This evening Man, Boy and I dashed down to Bethlehem Middle School to watch fireworks in the snow - a "warm-up" (ha ha) event ahead of a Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot tomorrow morning.  It was a sedately-paced fireworks display...one rocket at a time...until the very end when apparently someone thought, "Oh, what the heck - I'm just going to chuck a match in this box and see what happens..."  And voila, a dramatic finale.

I don't know if this has had any impact in the UK or not, but to Jewish friends celebrating Thanksgiving AND the first day of Chanukkah tomorrow - happy Thanksgivukkah! Truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, this exact convergence of celebratory dates isn't due to happen again until the year 79811.

1 comment:

  1. Think I can safely forget that date!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all readers

    ReplyDelete