Friday, February 15, 2013

Birthday eve

Yesterday the Girl and I picked up two boxes of school supplies collected at her school - lots of notebooks, pencils, crayons and other useful things.  Today I delivered them to one of the friends who will be setting off to the Dominican Republic this weekend, taking as much of this stuff with her as she can carry.  It was kind of so many people to donate to this collection.  

Tonight the Girl has been out at a social evening for local middle schoolers hosted by the YMCA.  I think she mostly used it as an opportunity to show off her skating skills to her friends, and I can't really begrudge her that. 

Meanwhile I've been curled up on the couch watching TV shows with my ten year-old - my last ever opportunity, as I'll no longer have one of those by tomorrow. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment