Thursday, February 28, 2013

Making a splash

More than two years ago we visited a "wax museum" and found J.K.Rowling there (looking a little like our Girl) along with a bewildering range of celebrities, past and present.

Tonight I was there again (alas, still no Man around) admiring some of the same noteables as before (Shirley Temple, Thomas Edison) and also one much loved British Olympic diver - Tom Daley - decked out in goggles and Hawaiian swim-shorts (not Speedos).  Though they may not share the same haircut, the Boy did a fine job of representing him.

He wasn't the only less-well-known-in-America athlete present (there was one from Costa Rica, and a speedwalker that I wasn't familiar with).  Baseball, basketball, American football and ice-hockey stars were there in force - but sorry, I didn't know any of them;  politicians such as JFK and Clinton (Hillary Clinton, that is); various rockstars; Justin Bieber (a nice bit of cross-dressing); stars of screens big and small; several beauty queens, but also (aspiring to something more substantial) women artists and scientists.  Julie Andrews.  Bill Gates.  Elvis.  The Wright brothers. Frieda Khalo.  To name but a few.  Special mention to one of the Boy's good friends, who appeared as a rather magnificent Moctezuma.

The Man adds...I've been making a splash in San Jose too this week...conferences are tough work but someone has to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment