We'd been making plans for a seaside weekend, but when we checked the forecast for our proposed destination it read, literally, 'starting sunny, followed by thunderstorms, heavy rain, severe hail, strong winds and with the possibility of a tornado'. So we thought all in all it probably wouldn't be worth the three hour drive. We'll try another time.
Instead we enjoyed heavy rain from the comfort of our own house (and to some extent in the comfort of our own house - more mopping up in the basement). The Man took the children swimming at the YMCA. Then we played Scrabble on the Deluxe set I was given for my birthday. We've been reading and/or listening to stories. I got out a 500-piece jigsaw of some rather nauseating kittens which I'd hoped would provide a fun-for-all-the-family activity but as usual said family is letting me get on with it by myself. The Boy meanwhile has created his own form of occupational therapy, threading beads onto paperclips. Keeps him happy for hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment