Monday, August 18, 2008

Must-see museums

On the road to Niagara we were sorry to pass up the chance to visit the Salt Museum and, even more regretfully, the Museum of Jell-O. In Poland, NY there's a Cookie Cutter Museum. In Hartford, Connecticut there's a Museum of Trash (which seriously I'd quite like to see). And I'm told that in Austin, Minnesota there's a Museum of Spam.

So, if you could visit a Museum of Any-particular-thing, what would that thing be?

5 comments:

  1. It has to be the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana, (MH is manufactured housing, not mobile home so as not to make that faux pas)

    I will one day make my way there to see what some have described as "the Smithsonian of the Caravan world"

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you enter Ballston Spa, NY, USA, from the North, there's a sign that says

    Museums:
    Bottle
    History

    Very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As well as many fine and contemporary art museums and galleries, Massachusetts also hosts MOBA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While we were in France we went to the Haribo Sweet Museum, which was the boys ultimate museum experience, but to the cynical amongst us seemed to be an opportunity for Haribo to get people to buy their own body weight in sweets on the way out.

    I actually have rather a hankering to visit the Prickwillow Drainage Engine Museum. I bet the shop's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your museumy musings.

    ReplyDelete