Change the way you think about caulk.
It is a very successful advert. I immediately changed the way I had, up to that moment, thought about caulk (ie not at all), and started thinking 'What the hell is caulk?'
Actually I do know what caulk is, thanks to the well-informed young couple sitting behind us. But do you know? No cheating now...
I went to 'Caulke' Abbey once. It's near Derby and stuffed full of antiques. But somehow I don't think it would be talked about at a US baseball game.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was a verb meaning to fill in the gaps in the sides of a boat.
ReplyDeleteThe Exile's Dad
Although the way I say it, it sounds the same as 'cork', here it's quite different - same thing with 'source' and 'sauce'. I think the 'wow' factor here is the lack of a gun - these crazy Americans!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the "young" comment. I would've blogged about this if it wasn't for my pesky camera.
ReplyDeletefor anyone still in any doubt, this site
ReplyDeleteexplains that caulk is used to fix nagging wives.