This morning I presented the kids with a folder full of Thomas the Tank Engine letter and number workbooks and flashcards and told them, 'There you go - do some homeschooling!'
Here's the amazing thing: they did! For about five hours! The Girl took on the role of encouraging teacher (lots of Great job! stamps and stickers); and the Boy, grateful to receive the positive attentions of his sister, was an enthusiastic student. Even during the occasional 'recess' they were sitting out on the swing-set with the Girl reading aloud to her 'class'. Five whole hours and not a single cross word between them. Extraordinary.
And just as the game started petering out a friend came round to play, so they threw themselves and their energies into the pool and the rest of the afternoon went cheerfully too.
I honestly don't think we've had such an unargumentative day since Christmas.
Oh, I wondered why we had so many cross words yesterday, we obviously had your share floating around Linton as well as ours
ReplyDelete