Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do it myself

'My Mum will like these craft books,' said the Girl to the librarian the other night as she checked out her choices, 'But the problem is, sometimes she forgets that helping someone isn't the same as doing the whole job for them.'

She's right, alas (maybe you knew that already). I can never resist saying 'Give it here...' and then I won't give it back until it's finished.

So watch out, kids of the Capital District: if you come to my craft stall at the Five Rivers Fall Festival next month you needn't expect to be doing much yourself.

There was another planning meeting tonight, which I arrived at late because we'd all been up at school for the annual end-of-summer Potluck Picnic. The Man and I ate well, but the kids were much too busy catching up with their friends and meeting new classmates to be bothered with food. They won't be back at school for real until next Thursday, but I think they're looking forward to it. I know I am - although I have to admit the three month vacation which seemed like it would be an eternity has actually gone by terribly fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment