Wednesday, June 25, 2014

On his bike

The Boy usually lugs a ton of stuff to school each day - a backpack and something called a trapper keeper which is a sort of filing cabinet disguised as a satchel. The weight and awkwardness of this baggage has always deterred him from biking the mile and a bit to school.

But now the school year is all but done. He has already emptied his locker and brought home the contents, and the trapper keeper is no longer required.  He didn't even need to take a packed lunch today because it was a half day.  So this morning he eagerly set off on his bike.

Now it happened that the Girl was dragging her feet and didn't make it out of bed/into day clothes in time for the bus.  She doesn't have a bike, so I (sucker!) drove her in.  Driving away from the school just after I'd dropped her, I happened to see a familiar young fellow on a yellow bike pedalling along...he made it to school in perfect time.

1 comment:

  1. Just in time for the Tour de France - this year in Yorkshire!

    ReplyDelete