Well, isn't it annoying when you want to fix a small part of a gadget and you find it can't be done for less than $50? We have a fancy kitchen tap [faucet] with buttons on it to switch it from plain flow to spray mode. I have to admit, it's quite useful. The buttons are covered with a little piece of moulded rubber, and on ours this has worn out. What chance of spending less than a dollar to replace the little piece of rubber, since the rest of the appliance works just fine? No chance at all - apparently if we want to fix it we'll have to shell out for a whole new tap head. Cue long rant about the evils of built-in obsolescence.
Like I say, it's annoying.
C'est la vie. Turned out cheaper to buy a whole new mitre saw set up than the replacement blade I needed today!
ReplyDelete