Thursday, June 20, 2013

Trail tales


Tonight the Hudson Mohawk Land Conservancy were celebrating the summer solstice (one day early) on the Rail Trail that runs through Slingerlands and Delmar.  Among the participating stallholders and performers was the Girl and her fellow Irish dancers.  On the hour and half hour through the evening they put on a nice show for an appreciative audience.  Our Girl, being diffident, would not allow us to tell her that she danced well (although she did) nor that we were proud of her (although we were).

The whole event seemed to be well attended, and I imagine most visitors made it at least one way along the two mile length of the trail, enjoying critters, jugglers, musicians, artists, Morris men and homemade cookies along the way.  There were goats, too, from Indian Ladder Farms, and a fairy-tale treasure hunt (with ice-cream coupon treasure!).


I could have done with fewer bugs, but I guess they are part of the package at dusk outdoors at this time of year.  In every other way it was a lovely event on a beautiful evening.

3 comments:

  1. A LOVELY WAY TO SPEND AN EVENING -AND WARM WITH IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Owl may look familiar but of course it is not Aries, the Five Rivers barred owl, who passed away in February, or his replacement Athena. This is a half-blind Screech Owl, name unknown, and what is striking is how small they are.

    By the way, this is the first time I have seen Morris dancing here.

    ReplyDelete