There's no end to rites of passage for the Boy as he rapidly nears the end of his elementary education. Tonight it was the fabled Pit Party.
The Pit is the Middle School's very own rec room - basically a cellar with a few pool tables, ping pong and space to dance in if it's a party night. The Boy joined classmates from his school for a couple of hours of wild 5th Grade partying.
I've been down in the Pit before, but I'd forgotten how painful the acoustics are: the walls and floor are bare concrete. The Boy had made it very clear to me that I was not to volunteer as a chaperone for the evening. Frankly I was only too happy to deliver an offering of cupcakes and beat a hasty retreat.
Needless to say, the Boy reports that he had a good time.
Ignorance can be quite blissful
ReplyDelete