Thursday, May 16, 2013

Psy spy

The Man writes...the final activity of my weekend in Busan was a long walk in Igidae Park. This was a military-only area until twenty years ago, but has now been turned into a scenic coast walk, with steps and suspension bridges, views over to the rather larger Gwangalli Bridge...


Ultrasaurus footprints, and a rock that is supposed to look like a Buddha holding a baby in his arms...


Friday is in fact Buddha's birthday. It's a holiday (for most) and many places have colourful Lotus Lanterns up, including Seokbulsa Temple:

  

I also saw these carvings at Seokbulsa temple, which apparently have been in the national press in the last year. Would anyone like to suggest what these guys are doing? I bet my kids could tell you.


4 comments:

  1. I was thinking that one of them was stamping on a baby while the other was praying for his soul, then I saw the blog title...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gangnam style!


    at first i thought it was the Harlem Shake.But then i really thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased it's not Pokemon related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Exile and Boy.

    Now we know who the trendy dudes in our readership are.

    To quote Wikipedia: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon hailed it [Gangnam Style] as a "force for world peace".

    ReplyDelete