Sunday, May 5, 2013

Early start and a lie-in

Up at dawn, as the Man had to catch an early train to NYC.  It was the start of a long period in transit for him - he's on his way to South Korea again.  But me, I just turned the car around, went home and got back into bed.

Once I'd finished my interrupted Sunday lie-in I was ready to face the day.  I took the children up to Indian Ladder Farms again as we knew the baby animals barn would be open.  We spent a little while with the ridiculously cute kids, ducklings and bunnies. 


The Boy fancied lunch out, so we moved on to the shiny diner.  To my surprise, on the way home the Girl suggested (completely unprompted) another visit to Pine Hollow Arboretum, because she wanted to see the Japanese cherry tree again and to show her brother round the grounds.  Given the amount of arm-twisting it usually takes to get either of my kids to do anything that resembles hiking, this was nothing short of extraordinary.

1 comment: