It happens that my refugee friends live in one of the districts in question. The dad has a car. Today was his day off, so I was able to go along with him to City Hall with the correct paperwork and the $25 fee and we got him all set up - well ahead of the game.
It may not sound like much, but it was rather satisfying to get this done - another indication that after a difficult year, one way and another, my friends are starting to keep on top of things. It's been quite a learning curve for me, too, but lately we've been managing to get necessary applications etc submitted in a timely fashion and I'm really happy to see them less worried and more in control of their lives here.
Ah, but if only I could apply the same level of efficiency to my Christmas card list...
1 Bernoulli seems still OK for practical purposes!
ReplyDelete2 do we see a Volta, an Edison, Rutherford or Brunel before our eyes. Definitely not a Bernouilli!