Saturday, December 15, 2012

Market morning

Friends of Five Rivers once again took a table at the farmers' market.  The Man and I were down there early to set up, and stuck around all morning.  A colleague from the Friends' board took over manning the stall halfway through, so much of our time was spent browsing the wares of the other vendors and chatting with friends.  We stocked up on fresh veggies and some of our favourite goodies, like hummus and granola and a huge slab of foccacia bread.

Inevitably, after yesterday's events, there were some sombre conversations.  I didn't speak to one person who isn't desperate for the US government to introduce stricter gun controls - and not just because of the latest horror.  Readers in the UK, please don't believe that all Americans have a love affair with guns.  None of my friends here supports the existing gun laws.  I don't think a single one of them owns a gun.

The rest of the day filled up, with a lot of skating for the Girl, and a friend round to visit the Boy.  The Man went for a personal-record-breaking run.  And I cooked up a storm with fresh, local veg.  Simple ways to spend a chilly December afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment