Sunday, August 30, 2009

On the ropes

We spent the better part of the day at Jiminy Peak adventure park, where we met up with friends. The kids immediately threw themselves into the activities and really got some money's worth from the (quite expensive) day passes - but you can do that if you spend nine hours at a place.

Although the Boy got most fun from the mountain coaster and Alpine slide, his real achievement was on the ropes course. On first getting on it he was assailed by doubt and very nearly gave up there and then. But he suddenly made the decision to keep on and have a go anyway, and having overcome his fears stayed on for ages and ended up going back twice more over the course of our visit.

I just did a couple of rides. The mountain (roller) coaster is not my favourite thing and once was enough on that (the Boy managed fifteen descents!). But I gave the Alpine slide a couple of goes. Unfortunately, on the last trip down (with the Boy) we took a corner too fast and tipped the sled over, and I ended up stopping us using my bare knee as a brake - not to be recommended, and I now have less skin on my knee than I started out with.

Injuries notwithstanding, it was an excellent day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment