Another early start today. I think the Boy was first up, at around 4:30am, soon followed by me and the Girl. The Man did better and managed to squeeze in an extra couple of hours asleep - but he did have more catching up to do than the rest of us.
It has been a muggy sort of day, and by late afternoon we could barely find the energy to drag ourselves out for a walk round the block. Unusually, it was the kids who suggested this activity - that couldn't possibly have been because they'd heard the distant tinkle of the ice-cream van, now could it?
Now we're here again I have a great long To Do list to attend to. I ticked a few items off yesterday (such as "buy new car tyre"). Today I've been on the phone and email trying to contact various people. Though I'm still slightly in a weird just-returned state of mind (did that trip to England really happen?), there should be enough going on in the next few weeks to distract me from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment