Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kitten heels

Every few years I go mad and buy myself a pair of shoes. Today this madness reached new heights and I bought two pairs of shoes.

You see (call me Imelda) I'm one of these extravagant types who feels the need to wear alternative footwear in the summer. But I've had to mend my sandals twice this year, and though I love them for the good service they've shown me over the past three years, I have to admit it's time I replaced them. And my rest-of-the-year shoes, which I've had slightly longer than the sandals, let in water now - so with regret I'm saying goodbye to them as well.

In other news: our neighbourhood is being stalked by a cat. No-one knows where it comes from, but it has been visiting every house on the street, nipping indoors whenever it gets the chance. It made friends with the Girl and Boy on our doorstep this morning and has been calling back throughout the day, meowing in a winsome way. It's quite unusual to meet a free-range cat, as it seems to be the American way to keep them shut inside, so the consensus is that this one has escaped and may be looking for its old home - or a new one. Alas, pretty kitty though it is, it won't be moving in with us.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you could arrange for the cat to guard your house whilst you are away

    ReplyDelete