Still, at least we got to snuggle up on the sofa and read Kate DiCamillo's The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, which I think we would both recommend. I snuffled my way through the sad bits, and my daughter looked at me with benign curiosity.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, June 8, 2009
Wan plucky Girl
Instead of running the errands I'd planned on today, I've been at home keeping a poorly Girl company. Sick in the morning, fever by the afternoon. She's desperate not to miss tomorrow's Field Day (a sort of non-competitive sports day during which everyone gets very wet). We'll have to see.
Still, at least we got to snuggle up on the sofa and read Kate DiCamillo's The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, which I think we would both recommend. I snuffled my way through the sad bits, and my daughter looked at me with benign curiosity.
But most of the time she has looked pale and wan and stoical. Here's a reminder of happier times from a couple of days ago:
Still, at least we got to snuggle up on the sofa and read Kate DiCamillo's The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, which I think we would both recommend. I snuffled my way through the sad bits, and my daughter looked at me with benign curiosity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment