Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yo - snow!

We haven't seen this much snow since (blimey!) October last year.  It started falling around 11am and pretty much continued all day, leaving a lovely inches-thick blanket over everything.

But it's February 29th, so not a "real" day (with apologies to my sister-in-law who is celebrating one of her rare birthdays).  And I fear this won't be real stick-around snow, not with temperatures set to rise again by the weekend.

The clocks are going forward in just a couple of weeks (earlier than in the UK), so really it looks as if the snow has decided simply to bookend what has passed for a winter (until today we were on course for Albany's least snowy February on record), and before we know it we'll be properly into Spring.

3 comments:

  1. How strange! If it wasnt leap year it would have snowed in March

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got stung by a wasp - does that mean its spring? And did I say "OUCH"? yes. ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wasp? Yikes - hope you haven't swollen up too much.

    ReplyDelete