It's sooo not just the taking part that counts...
The Amnesiacs were back in action tonight in another contest of trivial wits. One man down (due to ill health), how would we fare in a field of six teams (hmm, bigger turnout than usual)?
Well... We romped home - yay! Perfect 10 on Art History! We did well on World Religions, too, and even managed to score respectably on the vexing Vexillology round. Overall we only dropped about four points (one of those for not knowing whether or not Avril Lavigne had broken up with Brody Jenner - what's your answer? Or, do you know the two countries in the 1936 Olympics that had the same flag?), and on top of that we bagged a bonus five points for getting the nearest guess on the number of lovehearts in a tupperware container.
Personally I was rather pleased with my - surprising - recall of Old Testament details. Such feats of memory slightly made up for the fact that earlier in the day, out shopping, I'd been warmly greeted by someone I knew I should have recognised but could not for the life of me remember... Apparently I'm not called an Amnesiac for nothing. Maybe my hairdresser is onto something after all?
No comments:
Post a Comment