Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow-blower

It's the Man's birthday today.  39 again - how time stands still!  I don't know where the years don't go.


Birthday preparations had been somewhat hampered by the fact that every time I started pointing the car store-ward this week I'd get a call from the Middle School inviting me to come and fetch my poorly daughter.  And today of course I had her at home with me all day (where she seems to have been getting better).  Ah well.  For now we've focused on home-made celebrating instead - a card, a knitted item and a home-baked loaf, and a powerpoint presentation in praise of Dad.

And a cake, of course.  This year the decorative theme was our odd "winter", represented by a snowman (wishful thinking) under a parasol.  Only when it was time for the Man to blow the candles out did I regret the addition of the dredged icing-sugar "snow" - which ended up in drifts all over the table. 

3 comments:

  1. What a lot of candles! Must have been quite warm!
    All looks very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. more like he blew it all over the table - it tasted very nice, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete