Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stretching myself

It's good to try new things.  Today I tried: yoga.

A friend invited me to join her in a class at the Y.  I joked with the Man that it sounded like just my kind of exercise - get dressed up in some gear and then, you know, spend some time sitting down...

Ooh, no.  Turns out it's not like that at all!  It's hard!  Slow movements, but really hard.  I was puffing by the end of the hour (even though I'd spent part of it rolled up in a ball on the floor because I couldn't keep up with all the stretching and balancing in circus-style poses).

However, I feel good having done it and I will return.  Especially because I've discovered that everyone I've ever met is also in that class.  OK, not everyone - but at least four people were there that I know quite well, and another was leaving the previous class.  Hm, so this is what they've been up to all these years - twisting and stretching themselves into pigeons and planks and downward-looking dogs. Who knew?

1 comment: