I had a long, cold day at home today while workmen toiled in the basement replacing some valves in our heating system. When their labours ended and I was finally able to stop my teeth chattering by gritting them as I wrote a large cheque...
I did a lot of cooking to try and keep myself warm. I had the radio to keep me company. My usual favourite channel had turned for the day into Radio Pete - almost the entire schedule devoted to remembering the late Pete Seeger, who died last night at the age of 94. Seeger - folk singer and activist - is an American legend, but is revered by many in this part of the States in particular as he lived in New York's Hudson Valley, and he spearheaded campaigns to clean-up the Hudson River. He dedicated his songs and life to social justice, global peace and environmental protection and was also, from all I can tell, rather modest and a thoroughly nice guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment