The Girl and I are back in the States, revisiting old haunts and old friends.
We flew in last night, and drove across to Albany today. I was dreading picking up the rental car, but pretty soon remembered that I actually quite enjoy driving an automatic. And the closer we got to our destination, the more easily I found myself recognising the landmarks, gliding into the correct lane, not having to think about which turn-off to take, just knowing my way around.
It's an odd feeling to be back. So far there's a dreamlike quality to the experience (not least because I'm jet-lagged). It's partly the familiarity of everything, after two years away. But I think it's mostly to do with the light - it's so bright. They have this thing called sunshine here...
Can we have some photos of this thing called "sunshine"?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, not really from today as it has been cloudier (but it's still very warm).
Delete